Welcome to the Vancouver QFC!

I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I last posted a QFC on this blog -- the last one was last August. But there's a reason for that -- I've already visited and posted pretty much all of the interesting QFCs out there, and with virtually no activity on the QFC front (no store openings, very few closings despite the announced Kroger closure wave, and, as far as I can tell, not even any remodels) in the last several years, I haven't even photographed one since 2023! I have no idea what Kroger is doing with QFC, and I'm pretty sure they have no idea themselves. 

Anyway, this store, one of QFC's few remaining Portland-area stores (in an area where Fred Meyer dominates), was built in 2003, making it one of QFC's newest stand-alone stores. A few stores with this design were built in the early-mid 00s, making this the only store prototype that QFC built under Kroger ownership. The only QFCs built since then have been part of mixed-use developments, and almost all of them were replacements for older stores. 

Comments