Welcome to the Othello Safeway!

I'm spending a lot of my mental energy right now on planning for my vacation coming up next month, so it's time to take things easy on the blog -- and that always means it's time for a classic local Safeway! This store was built in 1953, making it easily the oldest Safeway left in Seattle following the replacement of the U District store, and quite possibly the oldest one in the whole region (the Tacoma Hilltop store, despite feeling quite a bit older, is actually three years newer). It's a bit odd for me to be posting about such a small store in my long-set slot, but that's because this is going to be another before-and-after set; this first visit was in 2019, shortly before the store's circa-2020 remodel.

And yes, this is Othello, the neighborhood in Seattle, not Othello, the city in Eastern Washington -- surprisingly, that Othello doesn't have a Safeway.

Comments