And looking back

This store doesn't have the typical Sears mall facade, but I think it looks quite nice. Even the weird 2010s logo looks pretty good here -- I particularly like the subtle halo-lighting look. 

Anyway, that's it for this set, though (despite what I thought at the time) it's far from it for this store! I'm going to be taking a few days off again, but I'll be back next Thursday with something different. My plan is to alternate between my huge Southcenter series and other stores in my weekday slot, plus I have another (much larger) vacation coming up almost exactly a month from now, so I'm not completely sure when I'll get back to this series, but it will happen sooner or later!

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonFebruary 16, 2024 at 9:06 PM

    While this version of the Sears logo is often called the 'new' Sears logo, it actually goes back much further back than the 2010s! It seems Sears Canada was using this logo as a secondary logo all the way back to 1987 at the very least! You can see it in this Sears Canada 1987 commercial. I guess Sears US found this logo in the archives and decided to go with it! Link: https://youtu.be/6y-Y1gJu-Y8

    Oooh, a much larger vacation? Larger than the California one last year are larger than the vacation to Tukwila? I guess a vacation bigger than the Tukwila one wouldn't be saying much for you, lol. It would be a pretty big vacation for me though! Well, anyway, it does sound neat especially if you're going past the land of Safeway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think we've talked about that Sears Canada thing previously -- I just like to keep things simple by referring to it as the 2010s logo!

      Ha, a trip to Tukwila/Southcenter is hardly a vacation! Not just because I can get there in an hour by bus, but also because it's not somewhere I'd want to spend much time! It does involve something close to Southcenter, though. I'm not sure if I would consider it bigger than the California trip last year or not -- I'm going to be gone for half as long, but I'm going much further away in that time!

      Delete

Post a Comment