Drive up and gone

When I was grabbing that Street View link for the last picture, I noticed that Google Maps had a "latest" link for this store, and it looks like it's not good news: At least if this picture is to be believed (and it certainly seems to match this store, including the strange placement of the restrooms in the middle of the dairy department), this place has succumbed to the big Albertsons remodel wave that seems to be currently happening in California, similar to what happened in the Seattle Division a few years ago. This is far from the only unique decor I saw on my visit that's no more (both San Clemente stores just remodeled, as just one example), so I'm really glad I visited this store when I did. And I'm sure the regular customers of this store are similarly glad to see its new look, haha! 

Next week's post will probably be a lot less interesting, but maybe I'll come up with another store that has more questions than answers -- we'll just have to see!

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonFebruary 26, 2024 at 8:52 PM

    Huh, I've seen Lifestyle v3 in some Albertsons stores. Maybe even Colorful Lifestyle v2, but I wonder how common Modern is at an Albertsons? Oh well, at least you can't complain about the new plain white tile floors with this installation of Modern!

    This bizarre Albertsons decor package had a long run at this location. It was probably longer than it should have been, lol, but Modern might be rather boring looking for this store. It is hard to say without seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SoCal seems to be using Modern for their current Albertsons remodel wave. (Pavilions is getting Ultra-Premium, and Vons I'm not sure about -- they've used Lifestyle v3, Colorful Lifestyle v2, and Modern seemingly at random over the past few years and I'm not sure if they've ever settled on one package.) Modern feels a bit less strange than Lifestyle to me when it comes to Albertsons stores!

      Modern isn't always the most interesting package, but it's hard to imagine it being more boring than Crates from an aesthetic perspective! From a retail geek perspective, Modern is obviously super boring since it's so common, but I still think it looks pretty good in most stores.

      Delete
  2. Glad you captured it before it was gone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment