Pinnacle Pharmacy

And the reason for that hallway is even stranger -- there's a little doctor's office built into the space in front of the pharmacy! I've never seen anything like this at any other Albertsons I've visited; I know they experimented with having tenant spaces in some stores from this era (with dry cleaners being the most common), but I wonder what the history is with this place. As far as I know, Albertsons never got into the in-store medical trend like Kroger and CVS did, and it appears that this was always a third-party operation (then again, so was Minute Clinic before CVS bought them). It could be that Albertsons just built this as a generic tenant space and it happened to be a medical office that moved in, but I've never seen Albertsons (unlike Fred Meyer) build tenant spaces directly into the front of their stores, and it sure seems like this was intentionally built right next to the pharmacy entrance (in one of the few Albertsons out there to have a dedicated pharmacy entrance). If anyone out there knows anything about the history of this, or if there are other Albertsons stores with primary care offices built in, I'd love to hear about it!

Comments