Meat counter

I didn't get a picture actually showing it, but QFC did remove one light box here, the middle of the three on the meat wall. The one that's awkwardly not centered above the service counter was left, with the original "Meats" text changed to simply say "Meat". The aisle marker here is quite strange -- for some reason, QFC decided to use the low-clearance style throughout the store instead of just for the first few aisles (where the ceiling is actually low), and they also left the left side of this one completely blank when it could have had meat-related category plaques installed. 

I'll be off tomorrow and possibly Saturday, attempting (probably not successfully) to watch the annular solar eclipse down in Oregon. I'll be back Saturday or Sunday!

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonOctober 12, 2023 at 9:33 PM

    Interesting that the aisle marker says "Ketchup & Mustard" rather than just saying condiments, but maybe the mayonnaise is on another aisle or something! Also, I take it that the Northwest is 'ketchup' territory and not 'catsup' territory!

    Hopefully you have fun in Oregon whether you see the eclipse or not! Maybe you can give it another try to appreciate Lifestyle v3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even try to understand Kroger's aisle marker logic! 😃 But yes, this is definitely a "ketchup" area -- I think I've had posts before mocking stores for using "catsup"!

      We kind of saw the eclipse this morning! It was very cloudy (as expected) but we caught some glimpses of it through the clouds. Unfortunately, since this was a super quick trip and I was with my parents, I wasn't able to do any retail sightseeing, though I covered pretty much everything in the area that I was interested in on my big California road trip.

      Delete

Post a Comment