Delicatessen

This was in the middle of my second day in a row visiting 10+ stores while also spending hours sitting in Los Angeles traffic, so my sanity was starting to go out the window at this point. At least, that's my excuse for how poorly-framed a lot of these pictures are! Or maybe I just really wanted to get that chicken TV screen in the shot for some reason. At least my new phone stopped them from coming out blurry, as they probably would have on either of my previous cameras.

I'm guessing the service department arrangement at this store is pretty much original to Lucky, though there are some Albertsons with a fairly similar deli-bakery-produce layout, so this store didn't really stick out when I visited it. I do wonder if the wall tile in the service departments is also a Lucky remnant, since it doesn't seem to match the decor very well -- that being said, the deli tile in PF&Hv1 was also red, though with a much more modern look. It seems to have been very common for Albertsons to leave wall tile as is in their PF&H remodels. For a moment, I thought this might have been from the infamous Crates package, but while that did use red for its deli, the tile was completely different.

Comments