Team U District Safeway

From behind the checkouts here, you can get a better view of the special T-shirts the employees were wearing to mark the grand opening occasion. I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but it's really nice to see all of this local flair for the store opening! I wonder whether the big UW displays on top of those endcaps were just a grand opening thing, or if they're going to be a permanent fixture. 

On a different topic, it kind of bothers me how the elevator directional sign here doesn't match the restrooms one in the previous picture...

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonAugust 22, 2023 at 9:31 PM

    Well, hey, at least two of the three manned registers were actually in use! Interestingly enough, the people using those manned registers look pretty young, but I guess that might be expected given where this store is located. I do find it odd that this store does not have baggers though. Do the clerks do the bagging or are the customers expected to do the bagging? I know that in Portland, Safeway generally did have baggers, but the Cully Albertsons only had one bagger who was assisting at all the open registers.

    Given what I'm seeing here, I think I know what kind of souvenir you picked up from this store, but I'll try to not let the cat out of the bag for those who are still totally guessing what it might be, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's pretty good for Safeway! There's a reason for lots of people using the regular checkouts, though, and it's related to the last part of your comment! 😉

      Safeway used to have baggers, but they're a rare sight in the Seattle area these days, unsurprisingly. Most of the time, customers bag their own stuff if they're using reusable bags (like most people do), or the cashiers do for people who buy plastic/paper bags.

      Delete

Post a Comment