I lied, I guess there is a fourth register

A while back, I mentioned the weird giant endcap between the dairy and produce cases in the middle actionway -- it took me way longer than it should have when I was in the store to realize what was up with that (I'm not the smartest guy around, especially when it comes to spacial reasoning), but it turns out that it's hiding the liquor department! This store got a self-contained liquor department setup, something that isn't very common at Safeway (it's much more common at Fred Meyer or QFC), but it makes a lot of sense at this store, where they don't just have to worry about normal shoplifters but also about college students trying to sneak liquor before they're old enough to buy it! Or at least that's the stereotype of college students... no one I knew in college did that, but I'm a boring person who tends to hang out with other boring people, so that's not much of a surprise.

Comments