Waverly Way

A while back, I was discussing Modern's street name/local landmark aisle markers with Anonymous in Houston, and mentioned that there was only one oddball remodeled Safeway (excluding converted Albertsons) that I know of that has them -- as you've probably realized by now, that's this store! But this store still has to be a little bit odd, so the decor installers decided to install them at the bottom, rather than the top, of each aisle marker. (I actually quite like it this way!) And speaking of aisles, this store actually got proper, decor-specific endcaps rather than just having plain shelving like I've seen at most Safeways, which looks quite nice! I miss the days when most stores had some sort of decorative shelving for their endcaps, something that seems to be quite rare (outside of promotional/branded displays) these days.

Comments