Black hole

While it's nice that Safeway spent the money to update the service department tile in this store, I'm not sure how I feel about the black subway tile they used here (with black grout, so you can hardly even tell it's tile in these pictures). Especially in a small, enclosed department like this one, it really makes what should be the accent of the department turn into a dark, uninviting space. On a side note, it seems the "Savory Skillets" meal kits in the weird lidded coffin cases must have been a bit of a flop -- Safeway has recently added "Ready Meals" meal kit sections to quite a few stores around here, generally in the deli department (Port Angeles appears to have been a test store for that concept), but I haven't seen this version anywhere else (at least not with a dedicated section).

Comments

  1. Is that actual black tile or is it plastic paneling made to look like tile? It kind of looks like the latter from here, but I suppose it is hard to tell from a distance.

    I can't say I've seen Savory Skillets at Randall's stores, but the one I shop at usually is on the smaller side so I don't even know if they would have room for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm really not sure! I know the shiny tile used for the customer service and pharmacy wall signs is definitely fake, but I don't know about the service department wall tile.

      Delete

Post a Comment