Still just "Seattle", blah

 

 While it's not technically a downgrade from the Lifestyle signage in this store (like it has been in some other Seattle Safeways), I'm still always highly disappointed when I see a Safeway that just says "Seattle" in its thank you decor, rather than using the specific neighborhood's name. I get that in most areas, just using the city name can make sense, but in a large city like Seattle, or even in many larger suburbs, it would be really nice to see something a little more local. On the positive side, I have noticed over the past year or so that a lot of local Safeways have seen new local flair added, including quite a bit in my current Safeway (which I would have photographed by now, but there's always a security guard hanging around the entryway area where it was installed...), so that's nice -- though I'm pretty sure most of it is stuff that individual stores did, rather than being a corporate initiative.

Comments