Stepping inside

Inside the store, we find, as expected, the typical Seattle Division cheap Modern mini-remodel. I can't really complain -- I do like Modern quite a bit, and I keep telling myself, at least it's not Lifestyle v3, but I'm certainly getting a bit bored of this, which is why I haven't covered a ton of Safeway remodels recently, despite loving remodels. This picture is a good overview of the strange setup of this part of the store -- floral off to the right, health and beauty and the pharmacy behind that, and the produce "aisle" off to the left.

Comments

  1. Not that this would be a surprise to you, but I would have enjoyed this remodel even more if it was Lifestyle v3! Colorful Lifestyle v2 would have been even better, but I consider Lifestyle v3 to be a relative of that. Modern is something altogether different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I certainly like Colorful Lifestyle v2, but I've never been a huge fan of v3.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I've been hearing lots of rumors that Sears is in the process of closing all Hometown stores -- even the Port Angeles and Sequim ones, which were definitely independently owned, are shutting down. ☹️

      Delete
    3. That Sears Hometown rumor is interesting. In the last few days, we got confirmation that the Sugar Land Sears Hometown Store in Houston is closing along with the Willowbrook Mall and Humble/Deerbrook locations that we knew were closing. Sears Hometown has a few locations just outside of the Houston metro area which are probably independently owned, but I have not heard anything about those closing. Then again, this looks like a fluid situation and who knows what Eddie Lampert has in mind. It's possible Sears is throwing in the towel on retail in general, but we'll have to see.

      Hopefully the independent owners of the Sears Hometown Stores in your area will be able to stay in business under different names. It won't be the same without the Sears affiliation, but the Sears name has certainly become rather poisoned in recent times.

      Delete

Post a Comment