Seafood & seafood

The way that QFC modified the sign structure here to fit under the weird soffit back here is rather interesting! I also initially thought the use of the decor panels above the sign was unusual, but I looked back at my pictures of the original Urban Mix QFC and apparently no, it's actually normal when stores have higher ceilings than the typical QFC.  The "Complimentary Services" sign in the background, which I'll throw a mostly-redundant bonus view of below, is interesting too -- it's a remnant from before the remodel, but actually belongs to the Mercer package! QFC often made smaller decor elements like that following the Mercer style all the way through the Bountiful era, strangely enough. (QFC's staffing is better than what I'm used to at Safeway, but it still feels weird to suggest people come into a grocery store and ask the butchers to sharpen knives for them!)

Comments

  1. Huh, that knife sharpening service is certainly not something I've seen at our Kroger stores! I wonder if this is a legacy service from pre-Kroger QFC. Does Fred Meyer or any other grocers in the Seattle area offer that service?

    You'd think a supermarket wouldn't want customers bringing in knives with them to the store, but I suppose that's not the case here! That's neat that they offer that service though. That sounds like something Randall's might have offered back in the day before the Safeway buyout, but I can't say I specifically remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever seen these signs at a few QFCs, so it's not exactly a common thing here either! And QFC doesn't advertise it beyond these signs, so I have to imagine there aren't exactly a lot of customers taking advantage of the service, but who knows.

      Delete

Post a Comment