Mini-escalators

While these are nowhere near as short as the world's shortest escalator (which I'll note is hilariously useless -- it runs in the down direction only, and leads to another flight of stairs at its base), I've always found this pair of escalators going half a level down from the Nordstrom entrance to the main mezzanine quite cute. I suspect they're the shortest escalators in Seattle, at least, but I have no evidence to back that up. What's really amazing is that both of them were working on this visit!

Comments

  1. Whoa, I've never seen an escalator that short before. I don't even know what the point is of these escalators, lol, but I suppose people are using them so I reckon they are appreciated. I'd just use the regular stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I feel like it would also seem weird to not have escalators here, since all of the other staircases have them. I'd probably use them, but just because they're directly in line with the escalators on the longer staircase above 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment