Stepping inside

Even from inside the vestibule, you can already tell that there's a good bit of Grocery Palace left inside this store. But there's more to this decor than that, which is perhaps even more interesting for me -- but I'll leave that as a cliffhanger for now! As a side note, I'm not sure what's up with the security monitor showing a feed of the deli... did they connect it to the wrong feed? It would make much more sense for it to be showing the feed from the camera directly above it.

Comments

  1. Well, this is unexpected! When I think of Hispanic supermarkets, I must admit that the Pacific Northwest isn't the first thing I think of! Given some of the differences AFB and I have noticed between Florida and Houston Hispanic grocers, it'll be interesting to see how this store compares. For example, here Hispanic supermarkets often put a lot of emphasis on their bakeries (perhaps none more than the Albertsons' affiliated El Rancho), but things seem quite different in Florida if I remember correctly.

    Yep, I'm getting a dose of Grocery Palace just from what's behind the windows! It'll be interesting to see this place. I wonder how to compares to the Grocery Palace Fiesta Mart in Dallas: https://goo.gl/maps/ExYMJBC7KzLJLb5G7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're not super common around here (especially compared to Asian grocery stores, which are popping up everywhere), but there are still a good number of them in some parts of the region!

      That Fieta Mart looks pretty neat, and there are definitely some similarities to this store... but we'll get to that soon enough!

      Delete
  2. Ooo...looking through the glass, this looks like it will be a fun tour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment