Sea of white

Now that my regular shopping is done at a Safeway that managed to keep its Lifestyle beige flooring through its Modern remodel, it really sticks out to me just how much less classy the new plain white flooring looks. Oh well, things could be worse -- I'm sure this 80s-built store would look terrible with exposed concrete floors! I just have a general distaste for plain white vinyl. Anyways, other than that, not much has changed about the bakery -- as is typical for these remodels, the Lifestyle-era fixtures were all retained, though some new promotional signage got installed.

Comments

  1. While some Lifestyle flooring or fake wood would have been the best options, you know I'm going to say that the white floor is better than exposed concrete...especially at a store this old, lol. If nothing else, it does give this scene a brighter look than concrete.

    I was at a Kroger with stained concrete the other day and I happened to step in some gum that was on the floor! Fortunately, the gum was not fresher than fresh and so it was mostly solid and it didn't leave a mess on my shoe. Oh well. After that, I was just looking around the floor and there were a lot of spots where there was old gum or tar spots. I'm not sure what was the story with that, but I'm guessing Safeway couldn't get away with leaving tar-like stuff on a white vinyl floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in most cases I personally prefer concrete to white vinyl, but old stores like this are definitely an exception!

      Yikes, sounds like that Kroger has some cleanliness issues! I would sure hope most stores with concrete floors wouldn't get away with that either!

      Delete

Post a Comment