MallFC

The last part of the old mall that we haven't seen yet is the QFC, at its southeast corner. I was thinking that this might be the last original tenant of the shopping center, but no, the original grocery tenant was something called Mayfair Markets, which I've never heard of before. (This is why I don't like doing historic research like this -- way too many rabbit holes and dead ends!) The other original tenants were apparently Ernst Hardware, Pay 'n Save Drugs, and Malmo Nursery; interesting to see that there were no department stores in the bunch when the mall first opened. Regardless, QFC is probably the longest-term tenant in the shopping center today.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's fun how this blog is gradually turning into a place to talk about cars! 😉

      Delete
    2. You could probably start another blog about cars in the Northwest. There are some real oddballs there and some cars which were once common everywhere, but now only seem to exist in good condition over in the Northwest and northern California. Granted, I don't think Pontiac Vibes are rare elsewhere in the country yet as I still see them around here.

      Delete
    3. Ha, I guess I just don't notice those things since I'm so used to the types of cars we have around here! I would certainly not be the right person to write a blog like that 🙂

      Delete
    4. Ha! Yeah, I don't think Vibes are rare, I just like them because that's what I used to drive. (I now drive another car that apparently would fit well up in Washington, based on these comment threads!)

      Delete

Post a Comment