Banner corner

As is common for QFC, the prepared foods counter immediately follows the deli as you head down the grand aisle. Like with most Neighborhood-decor stores, this store uses the Banner "Bistro" decor for the department (which doesn't look great in a low-ceiling store like this). I don't believe Neighborhood ever had its own prepared foods decor, so Kroger probably intended for this to be a non-package-specific decor element, but I believe it was only ever used in Banner and Neighborhood (unlike other non-specific elements which have been used in far more packages over the years!).

Comments

  1. Odd, I have not seen this stuff in the Neighborhood stores I've seen in our Krogertsons. Granted, those stores don't really have a 'Bistro' or a cheese shop. The hot foods they sell are served in the Deli as far as I know and it has standard Neighborhood decor for the Deli. The Neighborhood Krogertsons I shop at pretty frequently has a little sushi stand over by the produce. That orange 'Hot Soup' sign is new to me as well probably due to the aforementioned issue with the Krogertsons not having a standalone 'Bistro'. I'm not sure if they even sell soups and such at those locations, but I think they do sell roasted and fried chicken at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose with Neighborhood being used as a cheap-ish decor, it's not surprising that most stores with it wouldn't have fancy features like a full prepared foods department. I think Retail Retell mentioned that this decor is fairly standard for Neighborhood stores that do, however (despite it being originally from Banner).

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately if I did mention that before it's way too early in the morning for me to remember that now 😅 I do believe I've seen photos of this in several Bountiful stores, though!

      Delete
    3. Hmm, maybe that's what I'm thinking of you saying! 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment