Back actionway overview

OK, so part of the reason I took that break last week was because I still hate this set. I wish I had realized how bad it had turned out before I had put a ton of effort into making it work, but whatever. Anyway, here's a post-remodel view of the back actionway, featuring another pathetic attempt at a view of the dairy department in the background. That department is one of my favorites from Lifestyle v3 -- I have no clue how I completely missed getting a picture of it! Off to the left is a row of Lifestyle v3 aisle markers, though those have been used in so many stores with different decor packages that I have trouble thinking of them as truly belonging with v3.

Comments

  1. I think that those aisle markers may have originated in late Lifestyle 2 remodels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, sometime by 2010 when the Pinehurst Safeway opened. Those ones had a lighter woodgrain than the v3 style, though. (I'm not sure when they swapped over -- some very late v2 remodels/new builds may have had this exact style.)

      Delete
    2. The Westheimer & Gessner Randall's in Houston, which was rebuilt around 2009-11 after apparently the shopping center asked Randall's to replace their older Handy Andy location with a new one, also has those lighter colored aisle markers to go with Lifestyle v2 decor.

      https://goo.gl/maps/fPoXyPKuhkzwTq6MA

      Delete
    3. I think those were more common in new-build stores than remodels, though it's possible that Safeway had just remodeled almost all stores around here by the time they came out. And while not completely identical, that store looks extremely similar to the Pinehurst Safeway!

      Delete

Post a Comment