Back actionway

In typical Albertsons fashion, this store has an extra-wide back actionway that's home to the dairy and meat departments, with quite a few coffin coolers for promotional displays. As much as I'm used to the typical Safeway layout, I do think this is a much better design than Safeway's cramped actionways! I also really like the raised ceiling over the actionway with the drop ceiling over the aisles -- that's another thing I wish was more common, though I'm sure it's a bit more complicated and that's why it's so unusual.

Comments

  1. While I'm still not a huge fan of this Albertsons decor, I will say that this looks much brighter and cheerful than the Safeway decor from this angle. I'm blaming that mostly on the flooring (surprise, surprise, eh? lol), but the decor itself probably plays a small role in things.

    At least this Albertsons makes up for the lack of woodgrain decor by actually having real firewood out on the salesfloor!

    For those keeping count, I prefer the Safeway produce section and the Albertsons back actionway at this store, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha -- Safeway does typically carry firewood, but not normally this much! I guess they must have put out more stock because of the snowstorm.

      Delete

Post a Comment