What can I say, I'm surviving

The south side of the store now has dual "target" lettering rather close together, which looks like a bit of overkill (though I suppose it's not that different from the original situation with two "city ◎" signs). Some of the signage was left in logo-only configuration, though, like the parking sign on the corner. Off on the left edge of the picture is something I only just noticed when looking around on Street View -- the windows and door are left over from a storefront that was part of the mall, which was cut off and turned into a (seemingly forgotten) window display when the mall was turned into Target.


The title is a reference to one of the two new songs that Bastille recently put out, though I'm pretty sure that at least one of you got that already! 🙂 It feels appropriate for this store, though, which is about the only major store in Downtown that's still operating as normal at this point, with most of them having been affected by the pandemic or the riots, or having shut down before that even happened due to the long-term issues with the retail industry. There are only a handful of other major stores left in downtown in general, and right now all the other ones I know of are running with limited hours and are completely boarded up, to the point where it's hard to tell that they're open at all!

Comments

  1. Ha, think you might be referring to me, but I wasn't aware they had any new songs out -- I'll have to check those out later. I generally don't do digital downloads or EPs; typically I'll just grab a new CD off the shelf at Target if they have it, sometimes not even knowing a new album is coming in advance unless I've Googled it an somewhat inadvertently found that out. As I told you in a previous comment, it would seem some of the artists I follow aren't putting out physical CDs anymore, so I just haven't really bothered keeping up with anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I would have guessed you would have been the first to know! 😉 It is too bad that so many bands aren't doing CDs these days... I suppose they'd rather get money over and over from streaming and downloads rather than have people buy a physical copy once. (I know that's becoming a thing with textbooks, to prevent people from buying them used and prevent libraries from lending out copies... I'm glad that by the time that started happening with textbooks I was in higher-level classes that typically didn't require them, and I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that publishers are expanding their trickery beyond textbooks.)

      Delete
    2. Ugh, I hadn't even thought of the comparison there, but that makes total sense, and I've seen it in action too.

      Delete

Post a Comment