Scan, bag, gone


To be perfectly honest, about the only reason I kept this picture in this set is that I had a goofy title worked out for it! 🙂 Off to the right is the store's cast-off Scan, Bag, Go equipment (I have more discussion on the Scan, Bag, Go concept and its shortcomings here), while on the left is a local diner called Patty's Eggnest (which has been around since the early 2010s, and was even repainted at some point, yet its signage is still a banner over the short-lived former tenant's signage) -- I really feel like this building style looks familiar from some chain out there, but I can't put my finger on which one it could be. Off in the background is a shopping center with a sign that looks like a giant version of a typical older Albertsons sign -- I can't say for sure, but the TJ Maxx does kind of look like it could have been an Albertsons at some point...

Comments