Stepping inside

This is pretty much the moment that I realized there actually was something different here -- all the pictures up to this point were taken on the way out or the second trip! It was an extremely nice surprise to see the new Brown Decor/Modern interior here -- I had heard that various local Safeways would be remodeling, but I had no idea this one was going to be done so soon... plus, I had been a bit concerned that Safeway would end up going with the much less nice Lifestyle v3 interior, or worse, one of its awful versions that the Portland division seems to be using extensively! While the Brown Decor may not be one of the best packages out there right now, it's still pretty nice in my opinion.

Comments

  1. I definitely like it... happy to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep -- we'll see how long it takes for me to get bored with it since it seems like Safeway wants to remodel almost all of their stores in the area soon, but for now it's still new and exciting 🙂

      Delete
    2. I feel bad for getting fed up with bountiful décor, now that it's been superseded. It's a very nice-looking package. Point being, I think maybe I'll be a little more excited to see it now than I was in the past. (Felt somewhat relevant to comment, at least XD )

      Delete
    3. I get that -- I don't have particularly strong feelings about Bountiful/2012 either way (probably because it isn't particularly dominant around here), but I can easily feel the same way about some of the decor packages that are dominant around here, like Marketplace or Lifestyle v2, both of which are quite nice but also still very commonplace. I'm definitely concerned that Modern/Brown Decor will end up the same way for me quite soon.

      Delete
    4. Hopefully they'll limit its use to where it still retains a special feeling, then! That would be my complaint about Marketplace décor - I think it's well-designed, but for some reason I don't like it as much now that it's being rolled out to "regular" stores. I like it better strictly in Marketplace locations.

      Delete
    5. Perhaps... but at the same time, a lot of Safeways are in desperate need of a remodel, and I'd rather have this become overused than see Lifestyle v3 come back. 🤷‍♂️

      Delete

Post a Comment