Welcome to the Eastgate (Bellevue) Safeway!

This store was built in 1972, seemingly on the site of an older grocery store judging by what I can see on Historic Aerials. It was recently given a major remodel in 2017, including (unusually for Safeway) a fairly major exterior remodel.

Yesterday, I promised you something related to Albertsons, so you're probably wondering what this Safeway is doing here. Well, while the exterior remodel doesn't make it particularly obvious (unlike some cases that will be coming later), this did used to be an Albertsons up until its recent remodel! Here's a comparable historic street view image, showing the store's rather bland pre-remodel facade. While I did not visit this store before the conversion, it doesn't look like I missed much, as it had the cheap PF&Hv1 decor.

Comments

  1. Very nice shot! I love the lighting and the trees and the fall foliage... and the new façade, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's very rare for my exterior pictures to turn out this nicely 🙂

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! And lol, not true :P

      Delete

Post a Comment