Bakery and beverage


Somehow, these are the only two pictures I took of the deli-bakery grand aisle area. The reason this set has sat around so long is because I'm not exactly happy with my coverage of this store -- clearly, as often happens on vacations, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't spend enough time to get a proper set. Anyway, here's a distant look back at the bakery, which doesn't look all that great with its boring grey color scheme and its one-size-too-small signage. 

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonJuly 25, 2026 at 9:23 PM

    We'll see if this even posts! It has been a long time since Blogger accepted one of my comments!

    I remember looking at hotels in Vancouver during our 2023 vacation to the Portland area and we were considering one in Vancouver located not far from this QFC (and a fancier Fred Meyer which is likely where we would have gone anyway) and the Troutdale one we ended up staying at. I can't say I'm upset I missed the QFC experience, at least this QFC experience! I would have wanted to have gone to the more distant Proto Lifestyle Safeway over by Vancouver Mall anyway, lol. I'm glad I got my Proto Lifestyle experience in Newberg during my 2025 trip!

    Speaking of Kroger, some organization is running TV commercials across the country, including in Houston, saying Kroger Hurts Families. I'm not sure if these are running in Seattle, but I'm not sure if people there have any choice as I'm not sure if Safeway is any better on the items they are objecting to. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPbmcdEVUY

    This is hardly big news, but for the first time in around seven years or so, the Albertsons Southern Division is using Randall's-specific bags here in Houston. Randall's is celebrating their 60th anniversary and so the Southern Division has a special bag design for the occasion. It is nice to not have to deal with Sincerely bags even if this is just a temporary thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it's working again! I think you would like QFC, just maybe not this store since the Neighborhood remodel kinda ruined the original classy design. I also visited that Fred Meyer you're probably referring to; it was pretty nice back then but has sadly since been Artisanized. (Fred Meyer seems to have remodeled most of their Portland-area stores in the last few years, but not their Seattle-area ones.)

    Hmm, interesting to see that. I doubt Safeway is any better, like you said. I hardly ever shop at QFC/Fred Meyer since their prices aren't much different from Safeway's and I can never get their digital coupons (which you need for most of the good sales) to work at all. I have no idea about TV ads any longer since even my parents have dropped cable TV!

    I'm surprised those Sincerely bags are still a thing since Safeway seems to have dumped the Sincerely branding. I'm not really sure what kind of bags Safeway is using around here currently, since they've been going back and forth between Sincerely bags, generic "thank you" bags (like the ones you've seen at times), and ones with the Safeway logo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous in HoustonJuly 26, 2026 at 7:55 PM

      The Sincerely bags still seem to be regular use as far as I can tell. They certainly are here, the Randall's anniversary bags aside. Jewel-Osco has them currently as well and Oregon and NorCal had them last year.

      Delete

Post a Comment