The small outdoors

The actual outdoor space is quite tiny too. I know Walmart has been shrinking their garden centers in recent years, but not normally to this extent! This is pretty much the exact same footprint as Kmart's outdoor garden center, but I'm not sure how much of the structure is original since it looks like the RV dealership was using this space for other things. Strangely, the garden center gate was closed -- again, May seems like prime gardening season, but maybe things are different in Fresno with their very different climate.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonOctober 4, 2024 at 3:45 PM

    It is hard to imagine a garden center not being open, or the gate being open at least, in May! The plants in the photo certainly look like they are ready to be planted. Given the other photo with the checkout without anyone working it, I wonder if they keep the gate closed if they don't have anyone to work the garden center checkouts. Given the current understaffing which is common at Walmarts, maybe even more so in California, that might explain the issue.

    Blogger was certainly quite buggy last night! For a while, I couldn't even get to your blog...though it seemed I could load other Blogger blogs. It would lead to a Google error page. It seems fine now though, hopefully! I'm saying that without knowing if it'll eat my comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much everything is an understaffing issue in some way... but I'm not sure how much having that checkout open would help, since it has no line of sight to the entrance gate! There was a distinct lack of customers in the garden center at the time of my visit in addition to the lack of employees, which is very strange for spring time.

      Ugh, Blogger is such a pain. I still think about moving to Wordpress from time to time, but they're having their own drama right now...

      Delete

Post a Comment