Stepping inside

If the solarium placement is anything to go by, Walmart did keep the general layout from the Super Kmart days, with the grocery section on the right side of the store. (That's probably through random chance more than anything else, since I doubt Walmart reused any of Kmart's grocery equipment, if there was even any of it left after the RV place was here for over a decade.) This makes this store feel backwards to me (since the only Walmart Supercenter I visit on a regular basis has groceries on the left), something that I'm sure is going to trip me up as I go through this set!

Comments

  1. Ha -- right-aligned like this is the layout I'm more used to, although the Ridgeland Walmart is left-aligned (as is the Ridgeland Kroger for that matter), so I've gotten to where I am a little more accustomed to a left-aligned layout as compared to how jarring it was to me in the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you were going to say that! Right-hand stores do seem to be more common overall, but for some reason almost all of the stores I've shopped in on a regular basis throughout my life have had left-hand layouts (or completely off-the-wall nonstandard layouts like my current local Safeway).

      Delete

Post a Comment