Around back

As with most of my oldest sets, my coverage of this store seems rather poor by my current standards, and I didn't even get any pictures of either front end. Instead, we're jumping straight to the back entrance, which is rather lacking in architectural interest. This entrance no longer exists (it's now home to the pickup area instead), which is too bad since it leads directly to the D Line bus terminal behind the store (the buses pass the front of the store when starting their southbound trips, but for some reason they don't have a stop there). It's a trend these days for grocery stores to close one of their entrances, and frustratingly they always seem to close the one that's easier for people accessing the store by any method other than driving to use. ("Any method other than driving" -- that should be my slogan! 😉)

Comments