Given the choice between cake and salad, I don't think there's any question which I would pick

 

The bakery is by far the most-downgraded department in this store. From a large, highly prominent service area right up front, it's been reduced to a small alcove off the produce department that doesn't even have proper wall tile -- seriously, that's just a blank white wall! At least they still seem to have a fairly good selection of bakery products (or maybe I just think that because I'm comparing it to what Safeway sells these days -- they've really gone downhill).

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonAugust 7, 2024 at 10:13 PM

    Wow, this is pretty pathetic for a Safeway bakery especially in a store that isn't tiny even if it has been downsized. It is pretty hard to think that this came from the same company that was installing Lifestyle bakeries with gas ovens not too long ago! Well, I guess that isn't true since it is now Albertsons, but this looks pretty bad even for an Albertsons! This looks more like what I'd expect from a Sam's Club bakery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sadly, there isn't much at Safeway bakeries that isn't pathetic these days. They even changed their cake slices (which were one of the only things I still liked at their bakeries -- seriously, cake is probably my favorite food) to a worse version/supplier recently.

      This is about what I would expect from an Albertsons bakery -- they had better bakery products than Safeway, but Safeway had the fancier bakery departments in the Lifestyle era. Of course, the products at this bakery are far worse than what you would have found in an Albertsons (or even Safeway) bakery back then!

      Delete

Post a Comment