Countless shades of beige

 

 The custom furniture display has some more interesting colors, unsurprisingly, but still, at least 2/3 of the display is grey, off-white, or brown! I don't understand why someone paying custom-furniture prices would go with something so boring, but my parents did exactly that decades ago, buying a chair for which they specifically picked out the most boring shade of barely-off-white fabric imaginable. (From the stories they've told me about it, they aren't really sure why they did that either, especially since it turned out to be about the least pet-proof and baby-proof fabric color too!) I also wonder what sort of people would actually spend their time deciding between all of the different shades of beige available! I know when I bought blinds for my condo, I basically just went with the first one I saw since I really didn't care to spend time picking one of the dozens of shades of off-white those came in.

Comments