Wood grid

It's not long before you're out of groceries and back into a restaurant-y space. The back right corner is home to the (bread) bakery along with Alla Pala, which sells pizza by the slice along with various other quick foods. Pizza alla Pala is a Roman style of pizza (generally sold by the slice) which I've never enjoyed quite as much as Neapolitan pizza; there are tons of hole-in-the-wall places around Rome called Alla Pala, but I believe that's just a generic name rather than being any sort of chain (like some of Eataly's restaurants are). 

The wood slat grid ceiling here looks like something from Kroger's Artisan decor, but quite a bit nicer. I'm glad Eataly didn't go with the cheap fake wood that Kroger likes to use! 

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonApril 16, 2024 at 9:06 PM

    Ha, I got a good laugh reading the part about Kroger's Artisan! While Artisan might have been inspired by designs like what we see here, that's about where the similarities end. I'm guessing this is made of real wood whereas Artisan's elements look like something printed and glued to Styrofoam. I've seen more credible wood grids at Burger King than what Kroger uses. Of course, as Retail Retell often mentions, at least the Styrofoam won't hurt so much when it inevitably falls off at a Kroger, lol. I'm not sure if falling decor pieces is such a problem at Italian retailers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't resist making fun of Kroger! Artisan has some of the worst faux wood I've seen in recent years, but Reclaimed is pretty bad too. I don't know what happened since Urban Mix uses much better materials. And I sure hope this is built better than Kroger's decor -- it's hard to imagine anything being built worse than that, though Albertsons in the Supervalu era came close!

      Delete

Post a Comment