Thank you, but you can't leave

The end of that aisle takes you right to the first checkout, with the long-closed back entrance to the left. These last two pictures made me notice that the checkouts are numbered in the opposite direction to the aisles (checkout 1 is by aisles 8 and 9), which is interesting -- or maybe it's completely normal and I've just never noticed/thought about it until today. Hmm 🤔

Notice also the laundry detergent locked up in the same type of glass cases Safeway uses for liquor. That's always a sure sign of a high-theft store, though I will never understand why laundry detergent is such a prime target for thieves! (Yes, I know there are reasons, but it's still just weird.)

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonApril 22, 2024 at 10:22 PM

    Huh, it seems that this QFC has an unofficial 'Have a Seat' department on top of the frozen cases!

    Fortunately, laundry detergent isn't locked up around here, but I know that it is in a lot of places. I prefer powder laundry detergent even though I have a modern front-load washer and I guess that is not deemed as much of a theft risk since it does not appear to be locked up! Maybe there are advantages to using products most people don't want, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Grocery stores around here pretty much always have patio furniture for sale during the summer (which I've always found odd, but they must manage to make some money off of it since it comes back every summer), and it's fairly common to see it displayed on top of the frozen cases these days -- especially at Safeway following the Albertsons merger, but QFC gets in on the action sometimes too!

      I use laundry pods since they're so convenient with the shared laundry setup at my condo, but they come from Costco where they're never locked up. My local Safeway has quite a few anti-theft measures going on, but at least things like laundry detergent aren't locked up there!

      Delete
  2. It makes sense to me that you'd encounter the first checkout after exiting the last aisle -- but I can't say I've paid close attention to that, either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it would make sense for aisle 1 to be by checkout 1, but I have no idea what's actually more common, and no interest in digging through photos right now to find out! 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment