Detecto (is a great name)

Those giant hanging Detecto scales are an odd sight at a Safeway/Albertsons store! Normally, they just use the standard tray scales, with Lifestyle-type fixtures (like these) normally having them integrated into the stepped fixture design in a very unobtrusive way. I wonder why Pavilions chose to go with such a highly-visible design here! The triad of advertising screens is an odd touch too -- Albertsons has been experimenting with these in recent years, but normally not so prominently. It kind of reminds me of those old advertising monitors Supervalu installed above the checkout lanes!

It took me quite a bit of looking through pictures to remember what Safeway's normal scale setup looks like. I don't think I've ever used one of those scales for its intended purpose (in other words, not just messing around with it as a kid) in my entire life!

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonMarch 3, 2024 at 9:21 PM

    I've used these big hanging scales many times over the years. Kroger and Randall's don't use them anymore as they have those tiny table top scales, but some places like Food Town and Fiesta Mart still use them. Anyway, I'm glad Pavilions is still using them! To me, they look upscale. Then again, these Pavilions ones look like they might need re-calibration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! The only time I normally see these is when I'm in very old-fashioned stores that haven't been updated in a very long time, so they don't feel that upscale to me! 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment