Welcome to the Southcenter Sears!

 

 And welcome to the weekend before christmas 2018, when I decided to pay a visit to the last remaining Sears in the Seattle area for what I figured would be the last time, one last chance to see this store all busy for the holidays before it joined all the others in disappearing for good. Well, it turns out I was only partially right on that -- this was the last time I saw this store busy for the holidays, but it's somehow still hanging on, and I've been back quite a few times since, with visiting it right before the holidays becoming an annual tradition of mine for the last three years. But rather than celebrating Sears like this 2018 trip was meant to do, it's turned into watching its slow and sad decline. But I'm getting ahead of myself here!

Comments