"Town" Center

The whole thing sits within Lakeland Hills, one of those immensely boring pre-planned suburbs that people like for some reason, and following in the grand tradition of naming your suburb after the natural features that you completely destroyed to build the thing in the first place. Yes, I hate sprawl, and no, I'm never going to get over it. Of course, Lake Tapps itself is far from natural, having been created in the early 1900s to feed a tiny hydroelectric facility (no longer in use) and now being almost entirely privately owned by the various HOAs that surround it. So yeah, there's really no reason for me to ever head out this way apart from the cool store, and even the bus driver who brought me up here knew that -- not long after I got on, he made an announcement about how there were "people he had never seen before" on the bus and how he was pretty sure they were on the wrong bus, something that I've certainly never had happen anywhere else! 

Well, that's it for this look at the Haggen of today. This store really changed my views of the company, being the first time in years that I saw it as anything other than a Safeway with a different name, and I hope things keep looking up for them moving forward!

Comments