Flat from the fields

This store was most likely the last store in Washington to get remodeled to Lifestyle v2, but sadly, the decor (which is still one of my all-time favorite) didn't get to go out on a high note. This store got the cheap version of Lifestyle v2, without all of the fancy lighting and with the words and product photos just pasted directly onto the walls, and it really doesn't look all that great, especially at this large, high-ceiling store where the dimensionality of proper Lifestyle v2 would have made a big difference. Still, that was one of the reasons I wanted to see this store, as it's the only one in Washington with Cheap Lifestyle v2, and at least it isn't the cheapest version of the package, which has everything printed onto hanging panels, like PF&Hv3 or any number of Walmart decors. (I've never actually visited a store with that version, which was thankfully quite rare and short-lived.)

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonJanuary 21, 2024 at 9:37 PM

    Whoa, that link to that photo of the printed Lifestyle v2 signage in Alaska is really something! I'm glad we don't have to deal with something like that here!

    Aside from the falling letters (a fitting thing at an Albertsons, they seem to have a lot of those like Kroger does, lol), I don't think cheap Lifestyle v2 looks too bad here. For sure, the normal implementation of Lifestyle v2 at the Randalbertsons looks better, but at least the front spotlights does help Cheap Lifestyle out a bit. That said, these Grocery Palace stores do have large walls, even here at the Randalbertsons and Krogertsons with the drop ceilings, so any cheapness in the decor package does tend to get amplified a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that ultra-cheap version of Lifestyle is something else! I don't know much about it, and I've only seen it at a small number of Alaska and California stores, most of which seem to have since been remodeled again. I wouldn't mind seeing it myself one day, since I believe it's the only variant of Lifestyle v2 that I haven't seen in person, but like I said, I'm not particularly sad that it's so rare!

      Delete

Post a Comment