Dashing upstairs

I decided to look at this store from top to bottom, so I headed straight for the next escalator up to the third floor. On the way there, I passed through the luggage department -- another department store staple that you won't find at ears any longer. $84 doesn't seem like a great deal on such a small suitcase, but I have no idea what sort of brand or quality it was -- this was at the point when Sears still sold some stuff from quality name brands. (I also don't know much about hard-sided suitcases, since I've never had one!)

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonJanuary 31, 2024 at 10:05 PM

    I don't know about the quality of this luggage, but luggage is generally very expensive these days! I was looking at some luggage last year and laughed at the prices and decided to stick with what I already have.

    Ha, all of the large luggage I have are hard-side suitcases! They're all quite old too with only two wheels versus the four-wheel spinners which are common now, but what I have is durable. That said, I don't have any hard-side carry-on sized luggage. I know hard-side spinner carry-ons are popular now, but I guess all of my luggage is pretty ancient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not surprising -- everything is expensive these days! But this price seems pretty high for 2018! My current suitcases came from Costco a few years ago and were around $100 for a two-pack (one large and one this size). They replaced one I got from Gottschalks in Port Angeles way back when they were still around!

      I like four-wheel suitcases, but I know my parents don't, so it's a personal preference! They've struggled to find new two-wheel suitcases in recent years, since everyone has changed to the spinner style.

      Delete

Post a Comment