Closer-up

As you can tell from all of the cars out front, this is quite a popular grocery store! I only ended up here by chance, though -- my original plan for this trip was to head down the coast the whole way, taking CA 1 through Big Sur rather than heading inland to the US 101 corridor, where this store is. However, a huge landslide knocked out a big section of the Big Sur coast a few months before my trip, and while I considered cancelling it altogether or at least pushing it back a year until the road reopened, the double-dead-end experience provided some of the most unforgettable moments of the vacation, such as watching the sun set over the Pacific at the end of the road the night before visiting this store (see below) -- and, well, visiting this store itself, but you'll have to wait until we get inside to see just what makes it so special, because this neat adaptation of an original Marina facade isn't actually the exciting part! 


Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonDecember 11, 2023 at 9:14 PM

    Wow, those are some amazing scenes in those photos! I guess I wasn't the only one who got a good view of the Pacific Ocean this year given what I saw at Cape Meares and in other places. I know these photos weren't taken anywhere near where you live, but still, you have some amazing views of the ocean over on your side of the country. The Texas Gulf Coast certainly does not have anything which compares even if the Galveston Kroger right on the beach is pretty nice for a Kroger, lol.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what the Marina Cardenas is like on the inside. The parking lot most certainly does not look like anything we've seen in Seattle, though maybe it isn't too far off from what someone might see in Tacoma, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I still think the Oregon Coast is the prettiest part of the coast, but California is pretty too. Of course, the spot in these pictures isn't that much closer to me than it is to you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sunset pictures! This store visit sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment