Frozen^4

When I posted about that super retro Save Mart, I said that I couldn't remember the last time I had seen open coffin cases for the frozen department -- well, apparently I was forgetting about this store! Admitedly, these are a somewhat different thing in that they're the same type of modern case that's often seen in the meat department... but here they're clearly being used for frozen foods, not just refrigerated ones, and from a practical standpoint this is the exact same thing as Save Mart had. Seeing this also reminded me that Trader Joe's likes to use similar modern coffin cases for their frozen food sections, so I guess they aren't as rare as I had thought! (That Save Mart is still the only place that I've seen those super retro coffin cases in recent years, though.)

Comments

  1. Like I mentioned in that post, just take a trip to the Land of America's Supermarket and you'll see plenty of vintage coffin coolers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment