Better cardboard

Meanwhile, the beer section features exposed extra-thick corrugated cardboard for its accent signage. Strangely, I actually kind of like this look, even if it isn't something I would ever have thought I would! I have to imagine this won't be durable at all, though -- it seems very susceptible to damage from something (like a heavily-loaded stock cart) crashing into it and virtually impossible to clean if something were to somehow be spilled on it. Speaking of poor durability, it looks like one of the flimsy plastic retrofit doors on the case had somehow gotten jammed open, well beyond the distance I imagine they're designed to open! Maybe that's just its hold-open position, but it didn't seem to want to budge when I tried to close it.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonOctober 15, 2023 at 8:33 PM

    Oaf, "Better?" Yeah, right!

    I suppose that shadowing around "Better" does give off some Kroger Bauhaus vibes, but yeah, this is terrible. It is just one sign in a store that otherwise has an appropriate ceiling and floor, but I'm not a fan of the cardboard decor. It really emphasizes the Kroger 'cost cutters'. I wonder if it is even reclaimed cardboard, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I quite like the dimensionality of it all, but yeah, the cardboard is an odd choice. But I kind of like how unexpected it is!

      Delete
  2. I applaud the creativity, but it does look like this design firm aimed to use materials that can all be found in the dumpster out back! That being said, I suppose cardboard isn't that much more susceptible to damage than the foam signage we see in most stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's what "Reclaimed" was supposed to refer to! 😃 At least foam is water resistant...

      Delete

Post a Comment