Stepping inside

 

I was clearly quite eager to get straight inside, since that was the only exterior photo I took until the end of my visit! I think you can see why, though -- this was the very first Colorful Lifestyle v2 store I ever visited, and I absolutely love this decor package, so I was super excited to see it in person. At the time, I wasn't expecting my 50th Safeway to also have Colorful Lifestyle, so I was expecting this to be one of the biggest highlights of my Eastern Washington road trip! 

Comments

  1. As I mentioned in the other post, it is great to see a Colorful Lifestyle v2 Safeway! No offense, but this is way neater than the Seattle Safeways with Modern, lol. Like the more recent Houston Randall's Colorful Lifestyle v2 remodels, but unlike the Randall's Colorful Lifestyle v2 remodels from a year ago and further back, this store is reusing the original Lifestyle v2 aisle markers rather than using the Lifestyle v3 type ones. I'm not really complaining, the older aisle markers look pretty good.

    Since so many Randall's stores use low-height decor, it is a bit strange seeing a full-sized implementation of Colorful Lifestyle v2, but then I can say the same thing about regular Lifestyle v2! The store looks really good from what I can tell.

    Also, the interior of this store, especially that raised front end with the HVAC vents on the fascia, is very typical of a circa 1980 Houston Safeway and I suppose they were using the same design elsewhere in the Safeway world. I love it! This is a Houstonian type of Safeway, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I like Modern, I've also gotten bored of it -- Colorful Lifestyle v2, on the other hand, is still one of my favorite current decor packages of any chain! It seems random whether Colorful Lifestyle stores get their aisle markers updated to the v2.1/v3 style or not.

      Delete

Post a Comment