Neon vestibule

I was excited to visit this store, as it was one of the few local Targets built with my favorite design, having P04 neon decor and the cool mid-00s exterior design. However, there's a reason this store ended up languishing in the backlog for so long -- I actually visited it twice, before and after a remodel, and both times ended up highly disappointed by what I found (but still managed to take way too many pictures, many of which ended up being rather poor quality). I've managed to trim this set down to around 2/3 of its original size, so hopefully it won't be quite as boring (for you and me both) as it was originally. This view is pretty cool, with the red neon visible through the glass vestibule... even if my old iPod Touch struggled massively with capturing it all.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonAugust 25, 2023 at 9:44 PM

    I don't shop at Target a whole lot these days, but I had reason to shop at one around a month ago. The Target I went to is an older design than this one, one from the mid-1990s, but Target added those big red concrete balls to the front of the store like this Renton one has. Anyway, the concrete balls were removed and were replaced with stronger and closer-together door protection columns which were shaped like lipstick. I don't know if the lipstick shape is a coincidence or something intentional, but given Target's strong female shopper demographics, I guess it is intentional. Anyway, I don't have a photo of it, but here's how the store looked before: https://goo.gl/maps/nqtzmMGzmg2HteiW6

    As you can tell, that is a store that was tragically 'renovated' with P17 some years ago. The store is really messy now inside as compared to just a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting... I didn't realize they weren't using those ball-ards 😉 anymore! I've seen those bollards with slanted tops pretty frequently -- I think the design is intended to prevent people from sitting on top of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment