Welcome to the Tsawwassen Save-On-Foods!

This store was built in 2000, and if the overall beige color scheme didn't give it away already, it was originally a Safeway! This store is directly across the street from the Thrifty Foods we toured last year, and while I'm not sure if Sobeys was forced to divest it (as would happen in the US) or just decided to sell it to avoid duplication, it ended up with the Jim Pattison Group (a Vancouver-based company that owns everything from car dealerships to basically every billboard you see in this part of Canada to the radio station I listened to growing up to -- and I'm not making this up -- the Guinness Book of World Records), which placed it under their Save-On-Foods brand. (And yes, the excessive hyphenation and capitalization is part of their official name, and yes, it irritates me to no end, so I probably won't use it consistently here!).

Comments