Oval, meet oval

I absolutely went overboard with photos of this store, but what else are you going to do when you're at a one-of-a-kind place that could disappear any day? I was quite anxious on the train ride over here, worrying that it might have had a surprise remodel! But unfortunately, that means it's easy to run out of stuff to write about. I do wonder what era those "juice" signs on the cooler doors are from -- they could be original (the all-lowercase Lifestyle font matches the oval signs and original Lifestyle v1 aisle markers), but Safeway didn't typically install signs like this at that point, at least in my area.

Comments

  1. I can totally relate to being anxious as to whether the store you are about to visit has been remodeled or not! Thankfully, it seems that most of the time I have gotten lucky with the really rare décors I was hoping to photograph (with the only notable exception being Publix's prototype Sienna from 2011).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really lucked out on this trip too -- only one store I visited had had an unexpected remodel, and it was one I didn't have to drive out of my way to get to!

      Delete

Post a Comment