I guess the vegetable seeds go with all the potting soil we saw earlier

Looking down on the empty space in front of the checkouts, it's clear that QFC has done absolutely nothing over the past 5 years to deal with the hideous floor scars left behind when the short aisles were removed from this part of the store. It may not be the typical kind of floor scars we're all used to seeing in concrete-floor stores these days, but in my opinion, the patchy, discolored, worn-out concrete stain this store has makes this one of the worst-looking grocery store floors I've ever seen.

Comments

  1. Ha, if you think the Kroger floors here are bad, just wait until you see May's The Year of Kroger post at HHR! That said, this does look pretty bad. That's a shame because the part of the store with the Fresh Fare/Script type flooring looks pretty good!

    Also, it appears the tops of the bread shelves could use a good dusting, but I suspect the tops of most displays like that are terribly dusty at supermarkets, but most people don't see those so it isn't an issue like it is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking forward to that (not)! 😃 I can definitely imagine how things could look worse -- in fact, I've seen worse -- but this is it's own special kind of awful.

      I actually think this might be cleaner than how things looked on my 2017 visit! I would have expected this store to invest in extra cleaning to deal with the fact that so much of it can be seen from above, but I guess not.

      Delete
    2. I know from my experience at the Fort Myers Publix auction that the tops of supermarket shelves are absolutely disgusting! The fact that I found an Albertsons shelf tag that was at least 15-years ago, in addition to a chicken bone, on top of the freezers just makes me cringe to think what may be hiding in other stores.

      Delete

Post a Comment