Simply Beautiful Milk

Layout things continue to get weird continuing along the dairy aisle, as its front half shares space with the health and beauty department! I've seen plenty of strange aisle combinations over the years, but I'm pretty sure the milk being across from the shampoo is a new one for me. Unusually for the Seattle region, this store has Bountiful+ health and beauty decor throughout; I'm guessing this is original to the Northwest remodel and is another weird late-stage decor change.

Comments

  1. Odd, the hunter green, purple, and gold colors here look right out of 1994. I'm guessing this decor is quite a bit newer than that, but who knows when design work on it might have started. Certainly this decor does not look fresher than fresh though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, one of my many issues with Northwest's grocery decor is how it looks so much older than it actually is. In addition to the color choices, the painting-style illustrations used for each department look fairly 90s to me. Northwest dates from the mid-00s, and while some parts of it were clearly influenced by the preceding Fred Meyer Script/Block Script decor, that pair of packages is from the late 90s and still somehow looks more modern in some ways than Northwest.

      Delete

Post a Comment