Middle actionway

As cool as this building's design is, this photo accentuates its major issue compared with designs such as Safeway's Marina or various grocery chains' gabled-roof designs -- it just doesn't feel all that special inside, because it still has a fairly low ceiling. Admittedly, this store has been heavily modified from its original state, and the additional windows all around the perimeter would very likely have improved the look, but I still prefer the higher-ceiling designs from Tradewell's competitors. 

This is about the point that I realized I was the only non-employee in the whole store (yeah, again, I really don't know how it's still in business), which is pretty much my worst nightmare scenario for store photography... thankfully it turned out fine in the end, as I didn't run into any employees either while I was here (yikes, especially in a neighborhood where it seems likely that theft is high), and by the time I got to the front end, someone had come in and was keeping the cashier busy. That's probably why some of these pictures didn't turn out perfectly -- I was trying to be extra stealthy with my pictures.

Comments

  1. Ha, if you think being the only customer in a Rite Aid is spooky, try being the only customer in a Fry's Electronics! I know that feeling! I don't think I was the only customer in the Fry's I visited down towards the end in 2020 and 2021, but there couldn't have been more than five of us customers in that whole big store. Of course, I'm used to being the only customer at the local classical music CD store, but at least that is a much smaller store than this Rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the one time I visited Fry's, it was about the same experience! I'm pretty sure I was also the only customer in the Davenport Safeway I posted a few months back... but that store is probably still smaller than this Rite Aid, actually. I've had a few other times when I've been in stores that were quite dead (mostly when I went shopping at strange hours rather than stores I taking pictures of), but those are probably the only two times when I was completely alone.

      Delete

Post a Comment