Weird carts

My visit to this store was during that time in 2021 when it seemed like Safeway was really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it came to finding used carts to send to the stores that apparently don't deserve brand-new carts (this is also around the same time as I found the random Wegmans cart at an Albertsons, and also around the time a bunch of carts with the pre-2006 logo showed up at my local Safeway) -- this store had at least one very old grey metal cart with an old Safeway logo (I've never seen one like this before so I don't know when it's from, but I'm guessing pre-Lifestyle), along with a pair of similar carts with blue handles which I'm pretty sure are from Albertsons from a long time ago, but which completely lacked any branding on the carts themselves. It seems that Safeway may have finally run out of random old carts, as my Safeway recently (in the past week) got weird new red carts with generic "Thank You" handles that appear to be brand new -- at least, they're of the design that I've seen other new Safeway carts in (just in beige or black, not red) and are even cart escalator compatible (that store technically has a cart escalator, but I've seen it working a grand total of once in the year-and-a-half I've been shopping there). Meanwhile, Street View at this store shows that a few months before my visit, this store had at least three of the weird blue ones, plus at least three that still retained Albertsons branding (they briefly used that weird green-beige color for some reason).

Comments