The full width

My photos for this store are oddly lacking in the large produce-department overviews I typically get -- in fact, this is the closest I got, taken from halfway through the department. As I just mentioned in a reply to Anonymous in Houston, the produce department here has just one wall sign (and none with a wood-grid background), which is pretty unusual for Safeways of this design; it also lacks a "floating" produce sign on the aisle-side case, a common sight in relatively-deluxe Modern remodels, despite them having some sort of woodgrain thing on top. I will note that while these pictures make this part of the store feel a bit plain and bland, but I didn't specifically notice that in person. Also, the cases here are a bit of an oddity -- this store kept the old-style produce cases with an extra-deep bottom shelf, which were replaced with more typical ones in most Modern remodels (generally the only cases that got replaced); however, this store had all of its cases painted black (matching the small number of new-builds and converted Albertsons), whereas all later remodels I've seen kept the original almond tone on existing cases and got new white produce cases to match.

Comments